One person received minor injuries in a Waterloo house fire Monday afternoon. The fire broke out in the basement of a home at 1400 Grant Avenue. By the time fire crews arrived, everyone had made it out of the house. One person was taken to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries, but is expected to recover. A trapped dog was rescued by firefighters and was returned to the owners. The home suffered significant heat and smoke damage. The American Red Cross was called to assist with emergency shelter arrangements.