Maintenance Engineer Manager
Trelleborg is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions for almost every industry on the planet. And we are where we are because our talents brought us here. By specializing in the polymer engineering that makes innovation and application possible, Trelleborg works closely with leading industry brands to accelerate their performance, drive their business forward—and along the way, shape the industry and progress that will benefit humankind in the exciting years ahead.
USA – Charles City, IA
• Provide leadership and direction to the maintenance team – ensuring that their efforts are focused on the right activities and that the required outcomes are met. Instill a pro-active, continuous improvement, team-work and customer focused culture within the maintenance and change over functions.
• Establish department policies and procedures, and ensure control systems are implemented and followed. Oversee department performance in these areas to ensure service, quality and interface requirements are consistently met.
• Develop, implement and manage a strong preventive maintenance program to improve equipment reliability and increase employee engagement.
• Work closely with EHS manager to provide support in building a safety culture, especially within the maintenance team. Ensure all safety requirements are fully met on a daily basis.
• Lead the development and execution of capital projects, working closely with the Plant Manager and other managers to complete projects on time and on budget.
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives in energy conservation and machine availability/OEE.
• Develop and manage the annual Maintenance and Repair budget for the facility. Identify opportunities to reduce direct and indirect costs.
• Hire staff, train, write performance appraisals and administer corrective action when appropriate. Maintain internal controls within department.
- This role requires strong leadership, supervisory, teamwork, problem solving, planning and administrative skills.
- Solid knowledge of electrical, industrial controls, mechanical, hydraulic, compressed air, boiler systems, building maintenance and basic OSHA safety regulations is required. Experience with Siemens PLC’s is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field of study.
- Minimum 7-10 years related experience (3-5 years in maintenance management role) in a manufacturing environment. Ideal candidate will have experience in tire or rubber manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results in reliability/OEE through implementation of a preventive/predictive maintenance program. Must be able to use continuous improvement techniques (5S, Lean, TPM, etc.) to drive results.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to ensure leadership presence across 3 shifts, including some weekend coverage.
- Experience in ISO 9001 is a must. Experience with ISO/TS16949, ISO14001 / OHSAS 18001 will be considered as an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communications, inter-personal skills and an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of Office Automation, Industrial Automation,
PLC, Driver, CAD
• Good in English language
• Change management
• Problem solving based on data and Objective oriented based on
• Ability to manage complexity and work under pressure
• Technical leadership
To apply for this job please visit www.trelleborg.com.