2nd Production Supervisor
Trelleborg is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions for almost every industry on the planet. And we are where we are because our talent brought us here. By specializing in the polymer engineering that makes innovation and application possible, Trelleborg works closely with leading industry brands to accelerate their performance, drive their business forward—and along the way, shape the industry and progress that will benefit humankind in the exciting years ahead.
USA – Charles City, IA
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide direction to associates daily, ensuring the production schedule and requirements are clearly communicated and updated as necessary. Work with team leaders to communicate the production needs and ensure the department(s) are running efficiently.
- Monitor work flow, ensure employees are working on assigned work orders and meeting production requirements, following SOP’s, quality and EHS standards.
- Help solve production issues and make corrections as needed. Coordinate support functions such as maintenance, and engineering as necessary. Communicate and document exceptions.
- Maintain equipment to safety standards. Make recommendations for tools and equipment.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities to include training employees; appraising performance; issuing corrective actions and recognitions; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Help ensure scrap and waste is minimized and cost meets budget requirements.
- Help maintain inventory accuracy
- Conduct safety communications as needed.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices, 5S, ensure operator PM’s of equipment are performed.
- Respond to and investigate and safety incidents and accidents. Coordinate with EHS Manager as necessary.
- 2 year degree or some college and 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing or 5-7 years of manufacturing experience and along with High School diploma or GED.
- Experience with lean manufacturing or continuous improvement techniques is highly desirable.
- Able to establish effective working relationships with a wide variety of people.
- LEAN Manufacturing
- Strong sense of responsibility and attention to detail, able to lead others.
- Excellent communication skills – able to train others.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office products
- Organized, able to meet multiple deliverables and work effectively with minimal direct supervision
To apply for this job please visit www.trelleborg.com.