- This event has passed.
Bridge 2 Bridge Ride
September 26 @ 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Join us to celebrate the opening of the new Wolf Creek Bridge and the re-opening of the Cedar Valley Nature Trail with the 2020 Bridge-2-Bridge Ride!
Registration will be from 7:30 am to 10:00 am. There will not be a group start this year so after you register, you need to begin your ride. The starting point for the ride will be the Cedar River Exchange Park, Tuffy Smith Shelter, which is near the Waterloo Boat House.
The round-trip mileage for this route is about 45 miles.
You can always join the ride anywhere along the trail.
Along the way you can stop at the Gilbertville depot and at the La Porte City gazebo.
Here are the steps taken to reduce the Covid-19 risk for riders:
• Masked riders are asked to register after 7:30 am and before 10:00 am. Hand sanitizer stations will be available.
• After you register, leave the area and start your ride. This will spread the riders out over the trail.
• Masks must be worn when you stop at a business or cannot socially distance.
• While riding, do not form a large group and be sure to maintain good physical distancing.
• There will not be a ride “leader” or a “sweeper”.
• If you have Covid-19 symptoms you are not allowed to ride. If you have been exposed to Covid-19, remember you can spread the virus before you feel ill. It can take 14 days before you feel ill after being infected by the virus.
Have a good, safe ride. Thank you to the Cedar Trails Partnership group for sponsoring the ride.
Cedar Valley Lakes Trail, Tuffy Smith Shelter, 707 Park Rd, Waterloo